License Collabrio Groupware
Licensing Collabrio Groupware as the basis for your Internet or Intranet application can save you
hundreds of thousands of dollars in development costs, reduce your
implementation time, give you peace-of-mind that you're not reinventing
the wheel (you've got groupware that works),
and provide you with the same functionality that the
award-winning MyEvents.com web site offers. We offer two products, our object code,
which enables limited customization, for $5,000, or our Not-For-Resale Source Code
License, for $10,000, which allows you to fully integrate, customize, enhance, and maintain the system.
There are no hidden per-seat, per-user or per-server charges. For
either option, you will need either Windows NT or 2000 Server (2000 is preferred), a
Microsoft SQL Server, a mail server and optional chat server (we use IPSwitch iMail and are an authorized
reseller of IPSwitch products). Evaluate it for yourself right now. Creating an account above will show you exactly what you'll be licensing.
Collabrio Groupware includes:
- Perfected group implementation with group tool level security
- easily enhanced to meet your projects' requirements.
- Application Service Provider ready, with the ability to have multiple "skins"
or presentation layers using the same groupware engine. Indeed the Community Server (cartoon look) and the
Intranet Server (business look) use the same underlying engine.
- A state of the art calendar system with Day, Week, Month
and Year views, sophisticated recurring events engine, reminders, and
publish/subscribing between groups.
- Synchronization to major PDA available with a separate license of our
CompanionLink synchronization tool.
- An event planner that can be used for invites (allowing
non-members to respond to invitations).
- Robust Contact Management with publish/subscribe.
- File storage and sharing.
- Task Management with task assignment capabilities.
- Photo Album.
- Discussion/Bulletin boards.
- Personal Homepages.
- Notepad and Messaging functionality.
- Pop3 Email Reader/SMTP Email Sender.
- A license to use all the graphics you see on the site except trademarked logos (a value alone of almost $100,000).
The solution is built adhering to an object oriented, three
tier architecture, with data layer, business logic layer, and presentation
layer. The system is based upon Microsoft's Active Server Pages, Visual Basic COM+, and SQL Server. The product can run on a single machine and scale up from there.
At MyEvents' peak, our collocation facility consisted of 20 web servers, fiber-connected dual 8-processor SQL Servers (hot standby), and a Network Appliance F760 500GB File Storage
system. We hosted the community and calendaring solution for companies like Juno.com, RoadRunner, and the RightStart, and many other high-traffic web sites.
While the solution can run on a single machine, the recommended architecture includes an SQL Server, Windows 2000 Web Servers, a File Server, and a Job Server. Additional machines can be added to improve scalability.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us at
(415) 601-9669. For customers seriously interested in our source code option, we
offer the ability to review the code with our engineers at our headquarters in San
Francisco before your purchase to provide you with a comfort level
that the code is maintainable, readable, and of a quality level that you require. Our requirement
for a sale is that you have competent Visual Basic programmers on staff.